DUE TO ISSUES WITH GOOGLE PHOTOS ALL IMAGES AFTER AUGUST 2015 ARE NOT SHOWING, I AM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET THIS WORKING!

Friday, May 8, 2015

Network clean up, and adding jacks

I originally installed this network about 6 months, to a year ago. There is separate wiring, router and switch for the phone and PC networks.

This is what the network looked like when I arrived
While the patching in on the phone network was done by myselfm and was fairly neat, the PC network that was patched in by their computer tech, and the power wiring was not installed very neatly.
Partially completed
I started by figuring out how to mount everything neatly. I ended up making a shelf with cardboard above the panel for the two switches.

Partially completed
Then I had to mount up the routers to the wall, and patch everything in. 
Linksys / Cisco E and EA series routers are not wall mountable, so I drilled a few small holes into the routers and screwed them directly to the wall. 
Add caption
After installing a few extra wires, and patching everything in neatly the job was complete, until I returned a few months later to add an additional panel and add a shelf to make things even neater.
Adding more wiring and low voltage brackets

Low voltage wiring mounted side-by-side electrical outlet

Installing low voltage brackets

Punching in a jack all 8 pairs at once.

Completed

Routers mounted. 












No comments:

Post a Comment