DUE TO ISSUES WITH GOOGLE PHOTOS ALL IMAGES AFTER AUGUST 2015 ARE NOT SHOWING, I AM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET THIS WORKING!

Monday, February 18, 2013

64 jack network patched in

So not too long ago I posted some images of the rack that I wired and installed for "60 runs", it was actually 64 runs in total. That post can be seen HERE

Today I had to go back to that job and put in the router, and 2 new 24 port switches, and patch everything together. This is the final result:

Here is the close up.
RV016 router, and 2 TpLink 24 port switches.

The Ubee cable modem can be seen resting on the top of the rack.
The white and black wire on the left hanging down are the cable compaines wires.

A look from a little further back.
I just don't like how the excess towards the right looks.
Perhaps I can come up with something to neaten that up a bit.

And one more close up.
I used 3 foot patch cords so that I would not have to go directly across the front of the rack, blocking the network equiptment or patch panel it in the event that anything needed to come out of the rack to be repaired or replaced, or if more jacks needed to be punched down into the panel.

Each desk has a double jack. I used white patch cords for the top jacks, and blue patch cords for the bottom jacks. I also seperated the white top jacks to one switch and the bottom jacks to the other switch. There are more jacks than ports in the switch, so in the router I also used the top ports for the top jacks, and the bottom ports for the bottom jacks.


1 comment:

  1. Nice post, great detail. I would have liked to see the costs that are associated to it so I could add to my business case justifi cations to use the technology. Keep up the good work! Great Job!!! Informative and attention keeping!
    Switches

    ReplyDelete