DUE TO ISSUES WITH GOOGLE PHOTOS ALL IMAGES AFTER AUGUST 2015 ARE NOT SHOWING, I AM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET THIS WORKING!

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Opera mini 6.1 for blackberry

Recently the browser on my blackberry started acting up. It would not allow me to use the "trackball" to click links, I had to use the enter key. This worked for most links, but some links were unclickable. I do not know the cause of this trouble that a quick search online shows that many other people have encountered similar issues. A battery pull is always last resort but since I did one the other day for an unrelated issue and the trouble existed before and after the battery pull, I knew that would not work here. I also wanted to avoid the headache of reinstalling all of the software on my phone since their is not a new update for my currently Blackberry software.

I had installed opera mini on a previous phone and was not satisfied with it, so with reluctance I installed Opera Mini 6.1 onto my Blackberry Curve. I was pleasantly surprised that the Opera team have made dramatic improvements in the past year or two since I first gave Opera Mini a try. 6.1 is FASTER than the. Built in blackberry browser while on Boost Mobile's (Sprint) CDMA 3g network I have not yet tried WiFi browsing, but from what I read of the documentation some settings need to be changed for WiFi browsing to work.

So far I am more than happy with my decision to install Opera Mini onto my phone. Even this blog looks better on opera than it did on the built in Blackberry browser. Seems like working on the Wii browser and other embeded browsers have given the Opera team plenty of experience in how to build a browser and provide the user with an enjoyable and simple experience and interface
Sent from my BlackBerry® by Boost Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment