DUE TO ISSUES WITH GOOGLE PHOTOS ALL IMAGES AFTER AUGUST 2015 ARE NOT SHOWING, I AM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET THIS WORKING!

Monday, February 18, 2013

2 Door relay installs

Installing a door release relay with VoIP. Using an SPA122 any ATA could be substituted such as a PAP2, or SPA2102, a Viking E20B as the door phone and a Viking RC2A as the relay. 

Close up of wire connections. 

All wired up, testing the power.
B-connectors added to wiring,
and wiring all tucked away after this image was taken. 

CLICK IMAGE FOR LARGER VIEW.
Wiring diagram to set this up yourself. 

This was supposed to be a simple doorphone installation. All of the wiring was already in place to the doors, and the latches were already on the doors. I just had to install and wire up the 2 relays, the door phones and the analog adapter. I had all of the wiring done probably in less than half hour, but the problem was that the power supply that I brought with me for some reason or another was burned out (reason being that the job was in the bronx, and it was a friday afternoon - and we all know last job of the day, or week is going to cause headaches) 

So I had originally wired everything as shown in the diagram. But when my power supply failed, I had to dig for any other power supplies that I had. Problem is that what I had did not have a sufficient amp rating to power both relays and activate the door release. To resolve this issue I used 2 power supplies. 1 to feed power to the 2 relays, and a second to power the door latches.




No comments:

Post a Comment