DUE TO ISSUES WITH GOOGLE PHOTOS ALL IMAGES AFTER AUGUST 2015 ARE NOT SHOWING, I AM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET THIS WORKING!

Friday, October 12, 2012

doorphone install

Inside wall where wire was snaked for door phone.
As shown in a previous post HERE, I made a small of a hole as possible to snake the wires. First I drilled thru the brick into the building where I wanted to mount the door phone. Then I reamed the hole in the sheet rock enough to send my snake up to the drop ceiling to fish the wire behind the walls.

Door phone installed.
Once the wiring was in place I was able to mount the door phone.

Keypad installed.
 I also had to install a keypad for an interior door. The door was not wired for an electronic door latch so I drilled into the door frame, and made a small hole in the wall to fish the wire from the opening made for the keypad to the door latch.

ATA and relay installed.
As the network room is located in the basement, I just installed the relay and power for the door phone and latches in the office. The wiring going to the door phone and keypad was snaked down the wall behind the relay.

No comments:

Post a Comment