DUE TO ISSUES WITH GOOGLE PHOTOS ALL IMAGES AFTER AUGUST 2015 ARE NOT SHOWING, I AM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET THIS WORKING!

Friday, August 12, 2011

small network in 2 trailers















I have been working on a small network installation for 2 adjacent trailers for the last two days.



One trailer had 3 runs, the other trailer had 7 runs, and there is a single run between the trailers.
They originally had 2 separate DSL lines and networks. One for each trailer. I moved both DSL lines into the first trailer, and installed a dual WAN router for load balancing, and fail over.

Some of the inserts that I had did not fit the surface mount jack covers, so I had to get  creative. 

Side view of the "modified" surface mount jack covers 

I installed everything here, except the gray wires going into the old partner system ,
that you can see the bottom of on the top right of the image. 

First day live the left DSL modem was not in sync.
The DSL was restored today, but the modem still was not providing an IP
so it has been replaced with a similar model as the one on the right. 

Another view of modem + routers.

Second trailer is fed from first trailer.
The wireless router has DHCP turned off and is acting as a switch.
I realize that the switch looks crooked, it was leveled after photo taken. 

No comments:

Post a Comment