DUE TO ISSUES WITH GOOGLE PHOTOS ALL IMAGES AFTER AUGUST 2015 ARE NOT SHOWING, I AM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET THIS WORKING!

Friday, November 14, 2014

Installing 24 port PoE switch and patching everything in

So recently I went out to a customer location to install a PoE switch and set up just over a dozen VoIP phones. They already had all of the wiring in place, and a rack installed.

BEFORE
They also already had one switch connected to some of the ports at the location, but I had to install a seperate PoE switch and patch everything together, so that they could take down the phone network without effecting any of the other devices connected to the network.

BEFORE wide angle
The existing network was not the biggest mess that I have ever seen, but for the amount of stuff that was actually connected, and the fact that the rack had wire management rails installed it was not very neat either.

AFTER
Used 3 ft. patch cords to connect everything up.

Regardless I did my best to mount my new switch and route the patch cords as neatly as possible.

AFTER wide angle
Only blue patch cords are what I installed,
everything else was already existing.
That's about it. My responsibility lied in installing and maintaining the patch cords and switch for the VoIP phones, as well as installing the VoIP phones. I hold no responsibility of the overall network, they have their own IT person that handles that, which is why I did not want to touch any of the messy network wiring. 

Close up of PoE switch.




No comments:

Post a Comment