DUE TO ISSUES WITH GOOGLE PHOTOS ALL IMAGES AFTER AUGUST 2015 ARE NOT SHOWING, I AM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET THIS WORKING!

Friday, March 8, 2013

Wire molding wire run + small network install

Today I had an install at an office in a basement. No drop ceilings, and there was HVAC vents in the walls, so I did not know what obstacles I would encounter if I attempted to open some holes in the ceilings and walls to snake the wires. I opted for surface mount wire runs, but since I was running 10 jacks to 5 separate locations I decided that I would use wire molding to keep things neat. No one wants 10 blue cat 5 wires zip-tied to the wall for everyone to see.

This is the end of the run.

I drilled small holes in the top of the wire molding to pass 2 wires for each jack.

Ran wire molding above door frames in hallway, and down wall
at end of hallway.
The wire you see sticking out going thru the door was an existing cable wire
that the customer had in place before I got there, I just pushed it into our molding.

Nothing left to waste.
In the boiler room I used scrap pieces  to secure the wires to the wall.

Even the power is run through the wire molding.

Aris Cable modem (left)
8 port TP-Link switch (middle top)
12-port Patch panel (middle bottom)
Linksys/Cisco E1200 router (left) 

No comments:

Post a Comment