DUE TO ISSUES WITH GOOGLE PHOTOS ALL IMAGES AFTER AUGUST 2015 ARE NOT SHOWING, I AM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET THIS WORKING!

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

analog patch panel patches patched in

So one of our customers is a nursing home that is completing construction. It is a 4 story building with a telephone room on each floor. We used Grandstream 48 port, 24 port and 16 port ATA devices to provide each room with an analog station provided over VoIP. 
The patch panel before everything patched in.  
For some reason masking tape was covering many of the ports on the panel when we arrived today. Possibly to protect the pins from construction dust.

All patched in with 1 foot line cords.
(while it looks fairly neat, I really don't want to put my stamp of approval on this)
*One ATA still needs to be installed on this rack. 
The first day I went down to this location to patch everything in, my co-worker provided me with a box of 7 foot long line cords. These were excessively long, and I told him to get some shorter ones. He asked me if 3 footers was good, and I said yes, they would be perfect. Unfortunately He provided me with 1 footers for my return visit to patch everything in on the other floors of the building. While this looks fairly neat to the uninitiated, this is really not a very good way to patch things because now you have no access to work on the panel if anything needs to be repaired, added or changed with the wiring behind the panel without disconnecting everything.

Another floor at the same location patched in with 7 foot patch cords
While the cords are excessively long, This is more preferred than the 1 footers.

As you see with the 7 footers (3 footers would have been ideal) I was able to patch everything in and run along one side of the panel and back over. When you patch everything in this way it keeps things nice and neat, and also allows access to remove one of the patch panels in order to service any of the wiring, or add new wiring if needed in the future with limited, or no downtime for any of the active connections.

1 comment:

  1. i never know the use of adobe shadow until i saw this post. thank you for this! this is very helpful. toppe adesive

    ReplyDelete