DUE TO ISSUES WITH GOOGLE PHOTOS ALL IMAGES AFTER AUGUST 2015 ARE NOT SHOWING, I AM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET THIS WORKING!

Friday, September 14, 2012

Very small network

I had to run some surface CAT5 runs and unfortunately I only had black CAT5 wire with me, and no stapler. There was some space to wedge some of the CAT 5 underneath the baseboard molding, so i put screws at the turns of the wire to keep it nice and tight. The customer actually commented on how neatly the wiring was run - although this is not how I would normally go about wiring things. It was a very small job that needed to be completed quickly because it occurred in the middle of a busy work day, sandwiched between several other larger installations. 


As the two added jacks needed to be in the same room, and everything was surface run I did not want to have to run everything back to the router in the other room and install the switch next to the router, so instead I used an existing working CAT5 for my uplink and connected the new 2 runs to this 8 port switch that I installed. This will provide the customer with several extra CAT5 ports in this room so that they can connect their VoIP conference phone as well as an additional VoIP phone, and computers.


No comments:

Post a Comment