DUE TO ISSUES WITH GOOGLE PHOTOS ALL IMAGES AFTER AUGUST 2015 ARE NOT SHOWING, I AM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET THIS WORKING!

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Rewiring a "live" network rack

 Today I was tasked with cleaning up the mess of someone's network closet, but the catch was, that it was during the middle of the business day. Luckily it snowed heavily last night, so business was slow. I took some photographs to show the progress.

As you see here there are tons of patch cords that are too long



A switch resting above the Panasonic phone system
  













DSL modems just hanging in the center of this image.

Another hanging DSL modem and WAP
Hanging patch cords, and open phone system





 As you can see that I had my work cut out for me. But being that it was during office hours, I could not just rip everything out, and replace everything perfectly, so I had to compromise. Get everything as neat as I could with as little disruption as possible.

    













Here I mounted the cable modem, 3 DSL modems, swtich and WAP on the wall.

Here you can see the Linksys WAP.  I added the jack cover, the wire was just hanging there.
About halfway thru with straightening the wiring.

  












Most of the wiring straightened up.
Almost there.
The asterisk box crashed for some reason, the nettop has been added in its place. 

Everything is starting to look good now.


   



4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you mount the modems and other little boxes to the wall? What did you use exactly?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing such a nice and informative blog with us.You have done a great job actually.Nice way to rewire a rack.

    ReplyDelete