DUE TO ISSUES WITH GOOGLE PHOTOS ALL IMAGES AFTER AUGUST 2015 ARE NOT SHOWING, I AM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET THIS WORKING!

Thursday, November 24, 2011

I don't do just wiring - replacing drainage in my kitchen sink

My wife called me in a panic the other day. There was a flood under the kitchen sink. So When I arrived home I found that the drainage pipe was corroded and needed to be replaced. I have lived in this apartment for 5 or 6 years, and this has been replaced at least once since I moved in. Due to the fact that the drainage runs almost horizontally from the strainer to the trap I decided that I would replace it with plastic instead of brass. This should eliminate the potential for the pipe to rot out again. 

Hole clearly seen thru top of drainage elbow.

The rotted out brass drainage elbow.

Replaced strainer, tailpipe, and drainage elbows. 

Another view of newly installed plastic drainage piping. 

Not that it was needed, but I replaced the strainer with a plastic strainer
while I was replacing the drainage pipes.

Old drainage pipes and strainer basket. 

I also replaced the washers inside of the sprayer since there was a small drip 

No comments:

Post a Comment